a journey filled with many familiar paths and some not yet taken... all leading to the ever-changing destinations just waiting to be discovered.

Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Thawing Frozen Time


This photo really inspired me, resonating life, pieced together to form a wonderful pictorial experience that evolves through the seasons of time.  Normally, I try to write my post prior to reading through others, however, this week I decided to glance through a handful...  I basically came across what I had in mind to write, stated much more eloquently than I could muster.  Thus I have tried to rework my ideas to a different form.  This is what I came up with as a second take.




photo by Tess Kincaid
for Magpie #54
 Desolate mornings
Rebirthing await their time
Grey days loom forward
Lives evolve in changing days
Beginning transformations

Stagnant moments lie
Beneath blue white canopies
Thawing frozen time
Memories reflecting you
Within melted foreign lands

Dream worlds of days past
Long ago seeds sparked this life
Etched in this crevasse
Mourning light nurtures tender
Seeds hibernating beneath

Petrina Lesko
February 2011


Magpie Tales is a fantastic meme, offered to writers and poets by Tess Kincaid, where she posts a weekly picture prompt challenge, and we the artists respond with what is sparked within our being, then share with you and other talented artists.  Please stop by and check out all the wonderful takes on this challenging photo prompt.  Or better yet, offer up your take on the photo.

25 comments:

Dave King said...

I agree: this is a superb meme, and yours is a fine response to it. Bravo!

anthonynorth said...

Beautiful deep words. Enjoyed them.

Maggie said...

Your words never fail to move me. Lovely.

Helen said...

You captured the essence of the photo beautifully.

Kristen Haskell said...

Very moving. I just love this, everyt bit of it.

Sheila said...

Such a beautiful poem - hope you have a wonderful day!

Tarang Sinha said...

Nice piece of writing. Beautiful deep words indeed!

Friko said...

I know what you mean about reading other versions of the meme; I prefer to do my own first too, I am too easily influenced by others.
You have chosen a path which is certainly different.

RJ Clarken said...

Very beautiful and so well expressed. Thank you. ☼

Everyday Goddess said...

Reading this, I feel like I've been out looking and feeling the frozen, yet somehow stirring, world. Excellently written.

Brian Miller said...

nice...iparticularly like the final verse acknowledging the past yet looking forward...

Maude Lynn said...

I really like those last two lines. Well done!

Tumblewords: said...

Beautiful! Mourning light - a well formed phrase for the image.

Lyn said...

So full of anticipation..glad you did this version..the best!

signed...bkm said...

Oh beautiful and the anticipation of new season rings throughout...bkm

Rek Sesh said...

Really beautiful...liked this "Memories reflecting you Within melted foreign lands"

Olivia said...

Seeds hibernating beneath..?
Very lifting thoughts! I need all of that.. :)

Love xx

Louise said...

Seeds hibernating benath was my favourite line, but fantastic poem and great take on the prompt.

Paul C said...

Mourning light....seeds hibernating...you captured this recurring limbo in our lives well with a pervading tone of hope.

Margaret said...

I would have liked to see your original as well! You always write reflective, compassionate poems. I like the tanka poems as well. They are harder than haikus, but I love the "bridge" of them. And thank you for highlighting the Sunday Sketch blog challenge. I am planning on that -- how fun!

Trellissimo said...

Lives evolve in changing days
Beginning transformations

That just about wraps up the whole of exstence! :)

Emily Young said...

This is so moving... I love the lines:

"Thawing frozen time
Memories reflecting you
Within melted foreign lands"

P.S. Lucky is an adorable dog :)

girl daydreaming said...

Your poem lends such hope and beauty; a reminder of the fact of stillness, change, what was and what will be, daily... and in every thing. Lovely.

Susannah said...

I enjoyed this very much, nice writing!

Lovely Magpie.

Kavita said...

Aahh.. there was such a longing and yen in this poem.. I could almost hear those cries.. and yet, despite it all, there is that ray of light, there is hope... Yes, with life, things happen... but life goes on... freezing and unfreezing time in the process...

This is such a beautiful piece of writing, Petrina... it seemed so perfect for the Magpie prompt!