a journey filled with many familiar paths and some not yet taken... all leading to the ever-changing destinations just waiting to be discovered.

Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

From Behind the Chair

From behind the chair,
Moments overheard, unheard,

photo prompt #52 for Magpie Tales
Days become the night.

Tall, grey, winged-back chair,
Nestled, wooden walls embrace,
Snuggled beyond life.

Chaos surrounds her,
Lives becoming lies untold,
Silently speaking.

Worlds falling apart,
Dreams entangled in their pain,
Lawyer's silent words.

Choices moments brought,
To redo or take erred paths,
Futures rewritten.

From behind the chair,
Moments overheard, unheard,
Her life crumbles still.

Petrina Lesko
February 2011


I wasn't sure what it was about this picture that it struck a sort-of writer's block when I saw it.  Thus I actually have pondered over, thru, beyond, understanding something had been stirred, when I checked out what this, the prompt for this weeks Magpie Tales was.  It has taken a couple of days, but here is my offering this week.  Kind of dark, but hope you all enjoyed it.

19 comments:

signed...bkm said...

Oh your writers block left..and capture the fear of this child ---sadly to many have been behind that chair...bkm

Anonymous said...

Oh, I read this before somewhere, it's glorious. Very pensive, deeply moving.

Reflections said...

Maybe something similar somewhere that I am not familiar with, but not this one... This was written just yesterday.

Kind of dark tho... but I think it captures a world well.

Margaret said...

... "futures rewritten". I like that. Amazing what goes on behind a homes walls. Nice write.

Louise said...

Sad but lovely piece of writing.

jabblog said...

Poignant, frightening - the world of uncertainty.

Kristen Haskell said...

Sometime certain prompts take longer to develop but I'd say your block crumbled perfectly with this one.

Trellissimo said...

I wonder why this picture prompted so much sadness in people's minds?

Kavita said...

Yes... it's sad and scary to watch unpleasant changes unfolding before your own eyes.. it really makes you wonder 'can i do anything about it?'.. but the answer never really seems to make its way back to your mind...

I like the way you have laid this poem out, Reflections... I could imagine this lady sitting in her easy chair, reminiscing...

Sad, but very beautifully written written! And vivid too!

Anonymous said...

Very nice pose. It makes me want to go behind the chair and hold the child and tell her it is going to be okay.

Maggie said...

Aaw. : (

Full-On-Forward said...

Crosby Stills Nash & Young!!

Our House..is a very very very fine house,
with two cats in the yard.....errr NOT!

Not with that snow!!

Great post!

J

Doctor FTSE said...

Trellissimo has a point. The house seems to have sparked sad associations in many of this week's responses. This one is partcularly poignant.

gautami tripathy said...

I found the house sinister. Dunno know why...

ransom

Steve Isaak said...

Solid, talent-evident piece.

Shashidhar Sharma said...

I liked this verse.. thanks. I could relate to your last lines very much...

ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya
http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2011/02/whispers-another-kind-of-valentines-day.html

Geraldine said...

You've done well. I just visited Magpie's blog for the first time, great house photo and you've done an inspired job!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

very beautiful flow.
your imagination wins.

Tess Kincaid said...

A wonderful melding of both cozy and chilling.