a journey filled with many familiar paths and some not yet taken... all leading to the ever-changing destinations just waiting to be discovered.

Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Single Red Brick

Over at Theme Thursday this week, they are offering up the following picture prompt...  to inspire writer's to keep the muse sparked, sharing in the joy of writing.

"Brick" as posted at Theme Thursday

A brick wall, signifying the end of the road... a dead end if you will.  But... really the options are endless.  A brief turn offered, another direction to travel, another wonderful opportunity.  Or maybe just a pass through, lending to the need to change even ones mode of travel... Driving to the end, hopping out of the car and then walking the rest of the pathway to where? 

I'd like to think that just off to the right, a pass-thru, a dirt path leading through a small grove of trees.  Walk with me to explore this beauty, this road less travelled.  The air is thick with eucalyptus... the trees tower above, the ground covered with ivy below the grove.  A hint of sea salt, as a mist carries on the breeze.  As we reach the bright lit area beyond the darkness of the grove, the sound of sea gulls calling to one another.  The crash of the waves from below as the path gently turns along the cliffside edge a few feet beyond the trees.  There is a wooden rail running along, a beautiful butterfly of purple and brown rests gently on the wooden beam.  And beyond, out above the sea, an azure blue sky filled with billoughy white puffs of cotton candy floating above the white breaking waves....  As my eyes drop down to the crashing of the waves on the shore below, there at the base of the wooden post, sitting in the greying dirt, a single red brick.

This brick, did it really signify the end of something, or simply the beginning of a wonderful rest in the journey...  I smile and take in all the energies of this place, refueling my soul.

Petrina Lesko
June 2011

14 comments:

Tulika Verma said...

"This brick, did it really signify the end of something, or simply the beginning of a wonderful rest in the journey... I smile and take in all the energies of this place, refueling my soul."....this is so much in sync with what I am feeling lately! Lovely thought! :)

Karen said...

What a lovely post. I enjoyed taking every step along with you on our wonderful walk by the sea.

Anonymous said...

I would hope my attitude is exactly as your "Brick Wall". Wonderful read and thank you for posting.
Genebrother

Crystal said...

Wonderful post....very thought provoking! :-)

un-speackable love 2 said...

very poetic i like it keep up the good work :)

Kay L. Davies said...

Very nicely done. Not hitting a brick wall at all.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

ds said...

I would have seen the wall as an obstacle, but you have turned it into a possibility--and a beautiful one at that. Well done!

ayala said...

I like this,nicely done!

Deborah said...

Beautiful ... I enjoyed every step.

Unknown said...

Lovely, just lovely!

Everyday Goddess said...

I really like how you brought this out! I gave you one of my weekly Goddess Awards that you can collect at my place if you like.

Happy Blogging!
Elise

Reflections said...

Thank you Goddess! And thank you to all for your kind words. I am honored to be in your thoughts.

Anonymous said...

"This brick, did it really signify the end of something, or simply the beginning of a wonderful rest in the journey"

I choose the beginning ... nicely done!!

Jeanne Estridge said...

Lovely sensory images in this piece....