a journey filled with many familiar paths and some not yet taken... all leading to the ever-changing destinations just waiting to be discovered.

Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Opportunity Knocks - Microfiction Monday

Thought I would give a try at Microfiction Monday.  It is a wonderful meme prompt where you must respond to the picture offered in only 140 characters or less.  Microfiction Monday is hosted by Susan over at Stony River.  Hope you all enjoy my take and if you'd like to read others, pop on over to Susan's place, I'm sure she would love to see you there.


Microfiction Monday #71
offered as a prompt by Susan of Stony River




















Looking down the long hallway, she pondered, 'So if when one door closes,
another opens… Which opportunity shall I choose today?'

21 comments:

Peggy said...

Liked your positive approach.
You see the glass half full.
I like that!

Peggy said...

PS;

I enjoyed my visit and decided to follow.

Pat said...

Great, uplifting and positive interpretation of this week's picture!

Sylvia K said...

It is indeed a positive take for the day! I really like it! Hope you have a great week!

Sylvia

Rinkly Rimes said...

So much like life's journey.

eyeography said...

Very thoughtful...
Loved reading :)

Melanie Sherman said...

I love her attitude. Strong character in just so short a space. Wonderful. Also, I love your whale picture. I think I ought to follow this blog. :)

Anonymous said...

How metaphorical!

Gemma Wiseman said...

A choice of opportunities can be quite perplexing and exciting!

anthonynorth said...

Always a difficult decision. Nice one.

Linda O'Connell said...

Hi,
I am new to micro fiction Mondays and am scouting the blogs. Southern California, I left my heart there! I signed on to follow your blog. Please sign on mine as well http://lindaoconnell.blogspot.com.
Your post is so uplifiting and inspiring!

Unknown said...

What a great write to begin your MFM journey! Perfectly penned my friend. And I believe whatever door you choose will be the opportunity you need at that particular moment!

Vicki said...

Love your take on the photo! Looking for the positive. Great choice!

Diane said...

LOVE the optimism with this one. Great!!! :O)

Ann said...

Great attitude to start the week. Lovely.

Monica Manning said...

If only we were offered more than one!

(My word verification is 'bless'! Think it's a sign?)

Susan Fobes said...

When opportunity knocks... This was nicely done!

Ms.Daisy said...

I like this very much...a true optimist! I've been enjoying your poetry too.


~Jean

Michael G-G said...

I like her attitude! Nicely done.

Thanks for the comment on mine. Hope your week is going well.

ruthi said...

decision decision.. that is indeed hard.

Anonymous said...

One of the very few uplifting interpretations this week. Loved it. Cheers~