a journey filled with many familiar paths and some not yet taken... all leading to the ever-changing destinations just waiting to be discovered.

Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Just To Be for dVerse Poetics

Today over at dVerse it is once again time for Poetics.  This week Joy has shared with us a bit of Edgar Allen Poe and Charles Bukowski to emphasize the impact that repetition can have in poetry.  Immediately I thought of a poem I wrote years ago that would be just right for this topic.  Please keep in mind, this poem was written far back in the day, before I got into poetry form, etc.  Hope you like it.

Just to Be

I look around me now,

As I sit and wonder how,

Each day I look to find the new,

But all I can want, is free and true...



I look around to feel,

As I sit the free is real,

Each day I look to find the way,

But all I can want, is through the day...



I look around me now,

As I sit and wonder how,

Each day I look to find the why,

But all I can want, is to see sky...



I look around to feel,

As I sit the free is real,

Each day I look to find the sun,

But all I can want, is to have won...



I look around me now,

As I sit and wonder how,

Each day I look to find the me,

But all I can want, is just to be...



I look around to feel,

As I sit the free is real,

Each day I look to find the me,

But all I can want, is just to be!


Petrina Lesko
May 1986

9 comments:

Mary said...

I liked your poem. I think we are all searching for something. What it is changes at different times in our life. But the "me" is who each of us thinks he/she is/

Scarlet said...

"I look around" is a nice repetitive line...brings the reflective tone in your writing. And yes, we are always searching for "me".

Kristin Aquariann said...

Poe's use of repetition was so haunting! Yours is lovely.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful message, and lovely use of repetition. Pretty important words!

Brian Miller said...

very nice...and love the uplifting feel i get from it...just rolling in from the beach and playing catch up!

Ann LeFlore said...

You poem is excellent. I think you are right we are all searching for something and I do not think this ever stops in our life. so well done thanks
http://gatelesspassage.com/2011/09/24/loneliness-the-anger-of-lost-hope/

hedgewitch said...

This has a very free feel to it, despite the repeating lines--not a rote sing song at all. I like the original constructions and the smooth flow. 1986 was a very good year, what I can remember of it. ;_)

Unknown said...

But all I can want, is just to be...

Did you write this about me?!
It suits your blog nicely ~ reflections...
Nice write!
(I also like your newest one very much.)

Kalyan Satta Matka Result said...

I always spent my half an hour to read this webpage’s content every day along with a cup of coffee.

aps university ba 3rd year result, bsc 3rd year result kota university, shekhawati university ba final result, vbspu result ba 3rd year.