a journey filled with many familiar paths and some not yet taken... all leading to the ever-changing destinations just waiting to be discovered.

Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

In Honor of Alzheimer's Day...

disjointed pictures
fragmented bits of this life
scattered through my day

Petrina Lesko
September 2011

This post is PURPLE in honor of those that I have known, and those still suffering from Alzheimer's disease.  Please find something purple to wear to remember and honor those you have also known.   Thanks!

7 comments:

Heather said...

Thank you for telling me this. My grandmother passed away two years ago from Alzheimers. I like the quote and purple background.

Claudia said...

alzheimer is so hard - also for the relatives and friends when you lose the person before they are really gone

ds said...

Terrible, terrible disease; your words capture its frustrations very well. Such horror.

Brian Miller said...

thank you...this scares me really...have you read Still Alice? great book....

Christine said...

My Aunt worked for many years in an Alzheimer's ward, I have visited her there often, it's so sad to see how young people are in that ward.

steveroni said...

Coffee will do. As I ponder over your post, sad, and hopeful.

Jane Loedding, Artist & Owner said...

Your words really strike a chord in me. My mom just passed away last December--she had Alzheimer's. I miss her so much.