a journey filled with many familiar paths and some not yet taken... all leading to the ever-changing destinations just waiting to be discovered.

Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

As We Lay Resting

stillness overtakes
tendered burning moments light
shadows of grey clouds

colorful dances
air-born as leaves change these days
fluttering downward

blankets of firelight
line paths once clear and leading
to thought-filled doorways

lending forth dark nights
scattered stars sparkle upon
simple silhouettes

bringing new beauty
day becomes nights shadow-light
worlds become quiet

reflective shadows
dance upon icy waters
as we lay resting

Petrina Lesko
October 2011

linked to MMWP - Darkness

19 comments:

Victoria Ceretto-Slotto said...

Lovely, lyrical flow to this one, Petrina, with perfect images of the contrast between light and darkness. I'm so glad you joined us today.

Unknown said...

Very nice. Love the flow and some wonderful lines in this piece, sparking some can't-miss imagery. Thanks for the read

JBinford-Bell said...

Wonderful images painted with words.

Maggie said...

This fills me with such a peaceful feeling. Wonderful.

Myrna R. said...

Petrina, this was hypnotic. It gave me such a sense of peace. I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks.

Debbie said...

wow, what a calming poem. I really like it!

Unknown said...

Very peaceful and flowing words that were a pleasure to read :)

Brian Miller said...

there is a soothing flow to this...i just wanted to sigh at the end...nice textures along the way as well...

June_Butterfly said...

I agree with ,Brian!This is a truly soothing piece.A feeling of peace kinda engulf me as I read.

Beautiful write,Petrina!!

Bethe77 said...

Such a beautiful peaceful picture you have painted as we come into Fall.
Blessings

Lolamouse said...

Beautiful series of haiku! Makes me want to snuggle up with a warm blanket and a nice cup of tea!

kaykuala said...

It is cool, serene and peaceful. This is apt description for both the pic and your verse. Thanks for sharing, Petrina!

Hank

Anonymous said...

I like the night shadow lights... beautiful phrase.

Tarang Sinha said...

Beautiful set of haiku. I liked the last one especially.

Unknown said...

lovely words!!!! amazing how words can paint a picture!!!

MISH said...

This is so peaceful ... calming ... therapeutic ...
Well done !

Elliot Grace said...

...a pleasant way to end my evening. Well done ;)

El

Claudia said...

shadows dancing upon icy waters while we lay resting...such peacefulness in this..

Engineering Jobs said...

I got such a useful stuff on your website that helps me a lot to gain information.

uniraj bcom 2nd year result 2022