a journey filled with many familiar paths and some not yet taken... all leading to the ever-changing destinations just waiting to be discovered.

Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

A twist in the journey....

I apologize for my punctuality with this new endeavor, however, I find that I am struggling with it more than I expected I would.  So for now, I will try not to be so hard on myself about it, but focus more on sharing with you my reflections....   

I believe life is a wonderful journey full of twists that give meaning to the sometimes boring meanderings of a  far wandering road.  There are days when it seems the scenery is forever flat fields of endless greens and browns, occasionally speckled with some tan, brown or black cow or sheep or....  And then there are other times when life throws in a sudden turn in the road, taking us in new directions.  The journey is sometimes short until we recognize the familiarity of the view.  And then other times, it seems like all we are doing is driving for endless miles, sometimes circles, just waiting for the turnoff to a new adventure.

Currently I am really not sure where my road is leading to.  It has the familiarity of the day to day tasks of work and long time friends.  Some now only to be found in the memories of my mind, others there on a day to day basis.  And recently, a new, but familiar twist - seeing a friend not seen in many years.  I found myself exploring nervously the map - trying to find the old roads not driven in a while, yet also filled with the excitement of exploring the roads leading to a part of town I am not familiar with - the present and what she is all about now.    I am hoping that this part of my journey continues to allow me to enjoy the trip, merging the old with the new.  A new road, yet one that passes through the town I remember from long ago. 

Maybe I will pull off and rest a while here, taking in the beauty of the land.  Somehow, it feels okay to rest in the woods a while.... or maybe time for a short hike up into the hills.  The sun has set, so the path would only be lit by the stars and the moon, a full moon gently bringing up the path from the darkness of the brush along the sides of the trail.  It feels as if I am climbing the hill, and if I reach the top, I just might be able to touch the moon or the stars as the darkness of the sky and the hill join together in the night.  But as I reach the top of the hill, the stars and the moon slip further into the night sky just beyond my grasp.  So for tonite, I will rest here, and return to my journey in the morning....

No comments: